In the News
- 01.15.16 – Most Luminous Galaxy Is Ripping Itself Apart
- In a far-off galaxy, 12.4 billion light-years from Earth, a ravenous black hole is devouring galactic grub. Its feeding frenzy produces so much energy, it stirs up gas across its entire galaxy.
- 01.05.16 – Runaway Stars Leave Infrared Waves in Space
- Astronomers are finding dozens of the fastest stars in our galaxy with the help of images from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE.
- 01.05.16 – Andromeda Galaxy Scanned with High-Energy X-ray Vision
- NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, has captured the best high-energy X-ray view yet of a portion of our nearest large, neighboring galaxy, Andromeda.